February 9, 2012

7 Reasons Why You Will Love My Blog

A few weeks ago I had a "Lucy moment" that can only be described as an epiphany. I wanted to - nay! - needed to write a blog! But why? Because I love 'em. Happy blogs make my heart smile; sad blogs are better than counseling (and they're free); zen blogs force me to go all feng shui up in here. Yet everytime I read someone else's blog I think to myself, "I could do this. I should do this."

So I sprung my new idea on David...
                 To which he responded, "Ohhhh, Lucy." 
                            And in that moment I knew blogging was a fabulous idea. 


Seeing as writing that first post is pretty damn intimidating, I decided to go with the Top 7 Reasons Why You Will Love My Blog instead. Read your hearts out, friends.

1. I will share my "Lucy moments" with you in (almost) real time, as well as pictures of David's reaction to said moments whenever possible.

2. Cute baby pictures. I can't help it. I love the faces of my children. Sue me. I will also do my best include pictures of David smiling like Chandler Bing in unnatural poses (the family portrait from Stepbrothers comes to mind).

3. I have a tendency to be incredibly awkward with strangers. I am perfectly fine in social situations with people I know, but throw me into a conversation with a 17-year-old cashier at Walgreen's and I'm ridiculous. I've learned to embrace these moments and find the humor in them afterward. I promise you will read about these episodes and afterwards feel really good about your own social skills.

4. If you want to read other fantastic blogs but you don't want to search on your own, I will add links to my personal favorites. You're welcome, lazy.

5. There's no real purpose. I'm just writing for fun. After making the decision to start a blog, I couldn't decide what direction to go. I have decided that rather than choosing one specific topic I am going to just write about whatever the hell I want! So it might be funny one day and sappy the next, but it will always (hopefully) be entertaining.

6. From this point forward, I will refer to my husband and children as Ricky, Little Ricky, and The Bulldog. Refer to the Cast & Crew tab for a proper explanation. While there you will also meet the Ethels and the Freds.

7. I drink. Not often and not heavily; it's not in a "she-binge-drinks-all-weekend-and-I'm-concerned" sort of way, or "it's 10-am-why-do-you-smell-like-whiskey" kind of way. Rather, it's more of an "occasionally-give-her-a-couple-cocktails-and-she's-a-blast" classy way. Let's face it - people who drink (occasionally) have funny stories. And after spending the last two-and-a-half years either pregnant or nursing, I think Mama deserves a drink (occasionally)!

TTYL.
(Yep. I said it. TTYL.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay! Now I don't have to be quite as sad that you're no longer at Beaty! AND, you know first hand that I have my own Lucy, Rikki, & Ethel. They just happen to have very long ears & 4 paws! But, they certainly are awkward sometimes. They get it from me. :-) MISS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete